Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Faves Children's Literature




Happy Friday everybody! My Friday Fave Children's book this week come from the same author as last week, Beverly Cleary. Yes, she is my favorite childhood author. Her stories had a way of pulling me in. I remember not being able to wait to hear my teacher read Ramona Quimby stories to us. Ramona's character was so identifiable in that she thought all the things about adults that children think. Her actions are comical.
                                        
Link up to tell about your favorite children's book, present or past, or  you can comment below.


1 comment:

  1. My favorite childhood book is Caddie Woodlawn, by Carol Ryrie Brinks. It is the story of a young girl who moves with her parents and brothers from Boston to the Wisconsin frontier during the Civil War. She has so many adventures in the woods, including befriending Indians! I remember being a tomboy myself at the time and really relating to all of the emotions Caddie experienced. I couldn't wait for the sequel!

    ReplyDelete