Friday, July 5, 2013

Meet Children's Author Mariana Llanos

Welcome to Friday Faves Children's Literature. It is my pleasure to interview Mariana Llanos author of Tristan Wolf.




What inspired you to become a children's author?

 I don't know if you can just get inspired to be a writer. I think is something you are born with, you either have it or not. And I think for some people it flourishes out at an early age and some others discover it later in life. I've always written, poems, short stories, anything. Those stories came to my head and made me wander. Many of them ended up in a piece of paper, some others got lost.

What book(s) have you written that you would like to tell us about?

My first published book is called Tristan Wolf. It is the story of Tristan, a boy abandoned in the forest and raised by wolves. It is also the story of his internal struggle to find himself as he sets off on an adventure to meet humans. Along the way he'll find new friends and a big surprise.

It is recommended for readers 8 and up. I am sure that Tristan will spark children's imagination and will make adults go back in time, to the age when they believed anything was possible. 

Do you have any favorite childhood books?

 
When I was a child I read pretty much anything, but The Little Prince and Alice in Wonderland are the ones I remember the most and the ones that created an impact in me. 

Do you have advice for aspiring writers?

 
Well, I'm very new in the "business" part of this. I can only tell you to never give up and to chase your dream. There are lots of obstacles but the biggest one is inside us. We just have to keep on writing, no matter what. That's what I'm doing.




Where can we find you and your books?


I also have a blog where I share my thoughts and reviews: http://www.marianallanosauthor.blogspot.com/

You can connect with me via Facebook: www.facebook.com/tristanwolfofficial
and on https://twitter.com/marianallanos



No comments:

Post a Comment