Sunday, June 8, 2014

Strength

 do not pray for easy life inspirational quotes about strength Inspirational Quotes About Strength, A Great Quote To Empower Yourself

                                       Easy Life Inspirational Quotes


I felt the shudder of my niece's body beside me in the court room. Her body shook as she sobbed uncontrollably.  The  man in an orange jumpsuit with shackles on his wrists and arms cooly and calmly explained to the judge how he shot her mother four times. Little did I know that in less than 2 years my niece would join her mother in heaven along with her father and brother.
   I glanced at my husband on the other side of me. His head down taking in the details of his sister's murder. I closed my eyes and prayed as tears fell down my face. In a few minutes, my husband would take the stand and confront the man that took his sister's life. I prayed for God to give him peace and strength.
   My husband showed great poise while facing the man whom his sister trusted, yet he shot her four times for waking him up. My husband relayed the effect of her death on his niece and her children....what their life is like without their grandmother. How is own mother has a difficult time understanding where her daughter is due to the dementia taking over her brain.
  Tears pour from all three of us when my husband rejoins us in the courtroom. My husband, niece, and I embrace each other and sob. A scene that later was played on the local news.
   We will never know why such tragedy had to happen, but I know that God gives you what you need to make it through. I've learned to lean on him and trust him in all circumstances.
   

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5


Domestic Violence Awareness

No comments:

Post a Comment