Sunday, January 25, 2015

Feel What You Write


 I read once that if a writer doesn't feel the emotion of the character while writing, that the reader won't feel it either. This statement is so true. While writing my short story, Beyond Vica, I felt the emotional ups and downs of Gabby's journey in each scene I wrote. I felt it so much that by the end of the story tears trickled down my face. That's how I knew I poured my heart and soul into that story.

  Last week, a couple of new reviews came in from Goodreads that confirmed to me that I in fact accomplished the statement I had heard about the reader feeling the emotion. What an amazing feeling knowing that my writing touched readers so much.


    Review of Beyond Vica

"This book made me cry in its 75 pages more than any other book I've ever read, even if they had 500 pages.
I just felt so so so much while reading it. I can't even begin to describe how much this author can share with such few words
."

  Another Reviewer

So beautiful and special.
Those two words describe this book perfectly. It was like a journey, an experience that was heartwarming and so enticing that I felt connected to the characters in just a few pages............

.......This is a book that I will always cherish because every word seemed so precious. Every moment lived, so special. And just...beautiful.

*You can read more of each review by clicking the headings.*

No comments:

Post a Comment