Saturday, September 26, 2015

Character Interview: Featuring Chase from To Be Honest




Character Interview: Featuring Chase from To Be Honest

  I’m excited to share an interview with Chase McFall, a seventeen year old boy who works his way into Starla Emerson’s heart from my new young adult novel, To Be Honest.

Where do you go to school and what is your favorite subject?

  I’m a junior at Centerville High School in Indiana. My favorite subject is English because I sit with Star in that class.  She rocks at figuring out the meaning behind the book quotes our teacher gives us. She’s smart and pretty.

What hobbies or interests do you have?

 I compete in extreme sports. BMX competitions are my favorite. My brother is my biggest fan and coach. He has cerebral palsy so he can’t compete himself. I ride for him. He’s my hero.

Who do you most admire?

 That’s hard. I admire three people really. My mom. She raised my brother and me on her own. My dad couldn’t handle having a handicapped son so he took off when we were younger.
 My brother. He doesn’t let his condition stop him from lovin’ life. He smiles more than anyone I know. He’s pretty awesome.
 Starla. She’s the prettiest and sweetest girl I’ve ever met. She doesn’t hide her hand anymore. Even after being bullied about it, she’s not ashamed of being different. I admire that in her. She’s my brave girl.

Do you believe in God?

Yes, I do. He brought Starla into my life and gave me the best mom and brother anyone could’ve asked for.



Do you have a motto?

 No Fear. I have it tattooed here on my arm. That’s our motto, my brother and me. We face life head on with no fear. We won’t be cowards like my dad.

I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit about Chase. I think he’s a pretty cool guy and I had fun creating his character. He’s perfect for Starla.


Too Be Honest Playlist
Steal My Girl by One Direction
Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey
Heroes by Alesso and Tove Lo
Fight Song by Rachel Platten

 Learn more about To Be Honest







No comments:

Post a Comment